Sunday, September 30, 2007

radiohead! woohoo!

Ok, so this post was going to be titled something vaguely witty about my laptop case or Sherlock Holmes or possibly the intersection of the two. However, Radiohead's new album comes out (at least the downloaded version) on 10 October and you can pre-order on their website now! And, apparently, you can name your own price for the download. Fascinating what can be done without record labels.

I went to a tiny town called Mayville yesterday and picked up a complete set Sherlock Holmes stories (about 1300 pages). I've apparently missed both the first two serialized novels and everything after the Hound of the Baskervilles. But that will soon be remedied.


And, drum roll please, I finally finished the laptop case I've been working on forever and ever. This thing took so long because I not only hand sewed the the handle bits but I also had to do all the trim by hand and made an extra small bag for my external hard drive and power supply. All told, I spent about $19 on it and I think it turned out pretty well. The photo album is here.

1 comment:

Adam Rogal said...

The album was good. It had a mix of Kid A in it, while still being pretentious enough to be radiohead