Friday, December 14, 2007

phear of fones

I've probably mentioned this before, but I hate phones. I hate calling people I don't know. I calling people I do know. I hate answering calls. I'm not sure if I'm afraid of the connection cutting out or of misunderstanding someone/being misunderstood, but phones just freak me out. This is probably why I like texting so much. They also, apparently, make me sound like an idiot. And I'm pretty sure I'm not an idiot.

I applied for my first credit card yesterday. (Hurrah for more debt! I feel so American.) And, stupid me, I tried to use fancy settings on my new phone like mute and speaker while I was looking for paperwork. My call may have been recorded. So perhaps it will give people a laugh for years to come. I'm also apartment hunting, which means calling people and explaining who I am, what I do, and why any sane person would want to live with me. Not an easy task. And it's made more difficult (or so I'd like to think) by the fact that my job is terribly obscure and nearly impossible to explain without visual aids to anyone outside the design field. I must simply learn to deal.

Your musical reward for reading my complaints this time is Radiohead covering Bjork. Wow. I've got to write that again. Radiohead covering Bjork. Magic.

No comments: